412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,970 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 412 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,000 residents have died of the virus, with 1,282 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 23, Ontario is reporting 25,040 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,048 people have died of the disease, while another 19,146 cases have resolved.
The province says 912 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 147 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 119 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 599,986 tests for the virus have been completed and 5,871 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 11,028 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 23), 3,886 people have been diagnosed in the region and 239 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 174 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Sixty-one deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 197 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,821 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 829 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 147 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 32 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 598 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,930 cases in Brampton, 105 in Caledon and 1,970 in Mississauga.
Ten cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,006 total cases found in Mississauga
- 413 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,885 total cases found in Mississauga
- 441 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,922 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,125 total cases found in Mississauga
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
- COVID-19 vaccines will bring life ‘back to normal,’ Ontario premier says