412 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,469 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 412 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,400 residents have died of the virus.
As of May 6, Ontario is reporting 18,722 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,429 people have died of the disease, while another 13,222 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,032 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 219 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 174 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 365,675 people have been tested for the virus and 8,790 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 12,961 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:33 pm on May 6), 2,781 people have been diagnosed in the region and 151 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 106 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Forty-four deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 153 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 281 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,500 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 82 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 25 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 491 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,233 cases in Brampton, 73 in Caledon and 1,469 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,498 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,360 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s Most Notorious Murder Case - Peter Demeter
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year