404 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,006 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 404 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,100 residents have died of the virus, with 1,323 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Four staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 25, Ontario is reporting 25,904 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,102 people have died of the disease, while another 19,698 cases have resolved.
The province says 859 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 148 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 114 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 619,539 tests for the virus have been completed and 3,883 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 8,170 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:03 pm on May 25), 4,161 people have been diagnosed in the region and 260 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 192 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Sixty-seven have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 205 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,948 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 953 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 167 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 604 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,044 cases in Brampton, 106 in Caledon and 2,006 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 413 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,885 total cases found in Mississauga
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- 383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,125 total cases found in Mississauga
- 441 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,922 total cases found in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw