4 month trafficking investigation leads to charges in Halton and Peel
Published December 5, 2019 at 4:36 pm
A four-month investigation into drug traffickers in Milton, Halton Hills, and Mississauga has led to several charges involving four individuals.
Halton Regional Police Service say its Drug and Human Trafficking Unit led the investigation resulting in arrests made early Thursday morning by the Tactical Rescue Unit and plain-clothes officers.
Police raided residences on Eighth Line in Halton Hills, Ferguson Dr in Milton, and Caulfield Cres in Mississauga; as well as a business on Steeles Avenue in Milton.
The following items were seized by Halton police:
- Loaded Taurus G2S handgun
- 3.5 ounces of cocaine
- 38 oxycodone tablets
- 37 Xanax tablets
- $5,500 in Canadian currency
- $1,000 in US currency
Carlos Jebaili, 33, of Mississauga has been arrested and charged with:
- Trafficking a controlled substance
- Two counts of possession for the purpose of trafficking
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Careless storage of a firearm in contravention of storage regulations
Mekhail Mekhail, 32, of Halton Hills has been arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Fail to comply with recognizance
Brent McGrail, 31, of Milton has been arrested and charged with:
- Three counts of trafficking a controlled substance
Jebaili and Mekhail were held in custody pending a bail hearing, according to police. McGrail was reportedly released on a “Promise to Appear and an Undertaking”.
Anyone with questions or information about this investigation is asked to contact Detective Constable Kevin Magee of the Drug and Human Trafficking Unit at 905 825-4747 ext. 4964.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies