387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 387 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,300 residents have died of the virus.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of 10:30 am on May 5, Ontario is reporting 18,310 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,361 people have died of the disease, while another 12,779 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,043 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 223 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 166 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 352,714 people have been tested for the virus and 6,023 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 10,654 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:02 pm on May 5), 2,736 people have been diagnosed in the region and 145 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 103 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Forty-one deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 150 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 268 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,468 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 79 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 25 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 487 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,215 cases in Brampton, 72 in Caledon and 1,444 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,394 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 399 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,498 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases