383 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,096 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 383 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,100 residents have died of the virus, with 1,377 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 28, Ontario is reporting 26,866 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,189 people have died of the disease, while another 20,673 cases have resolved.
The province says 833 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 137 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 94 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 662,162 tests for the virus have been completed and 11,868 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,615 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 28), 4,404 people have been diagnosed in the region and 274 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 199 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Seventy-three have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 211 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 3,167 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 963 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 175 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 33 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 610 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,190 cases in Brampton, 113 in Caledon and 2,096 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 292 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,056 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,125 total cases found in Mississauga
- 287 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,031 total cases found in Mississauga
- 344 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,343 total cases found in Mississauga
- 404 new COVID-19 cases being reported in Ontario, 2,211 total cases found in Mississauga
- Suspects, armed with a knife and gun, sought after Mississauga stabbing
- Male hospitalized following stabbing in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga
- Houses in Mississauga significantly more expensive than they were just one year ago
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods