370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
The province says that 370 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that 1,300 residents have died of the virus.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of 10:30 am on May 4, Ontario is reporting 17,923 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,300 people have died of the disease, while another 12,505 cases have resolved.
The province says 984 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 225 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 175 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 342,060 people have been tested for the virus and 6,265 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 14,555 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:26 pm on May 4), 2,699 people have been diagnosed in the region and 133 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 96 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Thirty-six deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 149 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 258 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 2,441 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 74 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 23 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 484 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,189 cases in Brampton, 72 in Caledon and 1,433 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 511 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,360 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 434 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,394 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Mississauga Mayor furious about retirement party at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- Woman in Brampton struck and killed while trying to retrieve something from trunk