361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,669 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 361 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,700 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 12, Ontario is reporting 20,907 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,725 people have died of the disease, while another 15,391 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,025 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 192 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 146 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 459,921 tests for the virus have been completed and 10,811 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 11,957 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on May 12), 3,188 people have been diagnosed in the region and 212 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 158 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-three deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 182 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,244 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 732 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 129 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 25 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 539 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,432 cases in Brampton, 81 in Caledon and 1,669 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,723 total cases found in Mississauga
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,637 total cases found in Mississauga
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,757 total cases found in Mississauga
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,864 total cases found in Mississauga
- 329 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,694 total cases found in Mississauga
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic