347 new COVID-19 case reported in Ontario, 1,281 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
Ontario is reporting one of its smallest daily case increases in recent weeks.
The province says that 347 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 900 residents have died of the virus.
Models recently released by the province also suggested that Ontario has reached its peak in the pandemic.
As of 10:30 am on April 29, Ontario is reporting 15,728 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 996 people have died of the disease, while another 9,612 have made full recoveries.
The province says 977 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 235 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 186 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 264,594 people have been tested for the virus and 9,530 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 11,554 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:05 pm on April 29), 2,403 people have been diagnosed in the region and 99 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 73 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Twenty-five deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to the website, 133 Peel patients have been hospitalized over the course of the pandemic. The site says 259 patients have made complete recoveries. The recoveries of 2,144 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 47 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 22 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 429 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,050 cases in Brampton, 67 in Caledon and 1,281 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
- 424 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, over 1,200 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 459 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,301 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 421 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,330 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 387 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,444 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- 370 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,433 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- Police responding to child hanging from rail of balcony in Mississauga
- Mississauga's “first and only outdoor picnic and beer garden experience" now open
- Toronto strip club employee may have exposed up to 550 to COVID-19: officials
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- A fast food chain has had to close 40 locations amid the COVID-19 pandemic