Niagara Region selected as one of Canada’s Top 20 places to start a business
Published September 16, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Site Selection magazine, an internationally circulated business publication covering corporate real estate and economic development, has selected Niagara Region as one of Canada’s Top 20 Business Locations.
In its September 2021 issue, the magazine noted several of Niagara’s unique features that make it a standout location for business expansion, including:
- Home of Ontario’s first designated Foreign Trade Zone
- 1.86 million people within a 50km commuting radius
- Unmatched access to international airports, shipping lanes and border crossings
- Two leading post-secondary institutions, in Brock University and Niagara College
- Strong emerging sectors including computer systems design, architecture and engineering
Upon hearing the honour, George Spezza, Niagara’s Director of Economic Development, said this region is garnering a deserved reputation of being a solid environment to start or expand a business.
“Those who live and work in Niagara know that we are an incredible place to do business, and as more and more companies choose to build their future in our region, that news is getting out to the world,” Spezza said.
“Our team of Economic Development professionals across all the municipalities works hard to create the conditions businesses need to succeed, and it’s gratifying to see Niagara recognized as a top-tier location in Canada.”
Niagara Economic Development regularly assists businesses and entrepreneurs with site selection research. This complimentary service includes site information, recommendations and tours, local research data and market intelligence, advice on incentives, grants and funding.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies