308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,637 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 308 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,600 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 11, Ontario is reporting 20,546 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,669 people have died of the disease, while another 15,131 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,027 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 194 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 147 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 447,964 tests for the virus have been completed and 9,018 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 13,970 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 11), 3,129 people have been diagnosed in the region and 204 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 152 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-one deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 180 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,185 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 740 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 126 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 25 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 533 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,407 cases in Brampton, 79 in Caledon and 1,637 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,723 total cases found in Mississauga
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,864 total cases found in Mississauga
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,757 total cases found in Mississauga
- 329 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,694 total cases found in Mississauga
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,669 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga travel agency owner wins $1 million lotto prize
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Two employees at Mississauga grocery store test positive for COVID-19
- Mississauga retiree enjoying big lotto win
- The perfect selfie spot is taking shape in Mississauga