3 reasons why Centennial College is ranked #1 in the GTA for graduate satisfaction
Published January 5, 2023 at 4:30 pm
Whether you’re a high school student, recent graduate, or a professional already in your field, there is sure to be a program or course designed for you at Centennial College.
As the first community college in Ontario, Centennial College has grown globally with offices in countries around the globe and with five campuses across the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) – Progress Campus, Morningside Campus, Ashtonbee Campus, Story Arts Centre Campus, and Downsview Campus.
Centennial College has experience in giving students the technical and life skills to take advantage of opportunities that come their way. Not to mention, the college is home to one of the most diverse student populations in the country. With over 25 thousand full-time students, almost 100 ethno-cultural groups represented on campus, and 80 languages spoken – the college strives to create an inclusive community for all students and staff.
If you’re graduating highschool and thinking about post-secondary programs, or if you’re a professional looking to propel your career with some courses, you should book a virtual tour and get a sense of what Centennial is like.
And, if you’re stumped about where to attend school, here are three reasons for you to consider Centennial College as one of your top picks:
1. The College offers cutting-edge learning labs and modern facilities.
Centennial has been undergoing an expansion, building Canada’s first zero-carbon, mass timber higher-education building. The building will be ready in 2023 and was built to represent the College’s commitment to Truth and Reconciliation, and sustainability. Once the building opens – which happens to be very soon – students will get access to flexible learning spaces, and indigenous models of teaching and learning; such as areas for gathering with citizens of Indigenous Nations and Indigenous community members, and places for smudging.
The learning labs and modern facilities across all Centennial campuses offer experiential learning opportunities, mirroring real-world settings and scenarios. The goal for Centennial is to ensure students are not only getting taught the theory of their selected field, but being put to the test in real-life scenarios – combining technical training with life skills training. The variety of facilities and services made available across Centennial campuses is a testament to Centennial’s goal of delivering an education without borders and limitations; ensuring an equitable and inclusive experience for everyone.
2. You can have a vibrant student life, and count on a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
Centennial College is home to one of the most diverse student populations in Canada with a vibrant student life. The college offers an inclusive learning environment with learning supports that go beyond the classroom, through co-op programs, and a variety of student services. Services that students would get access to include (but are not limited to): tutoring, counseling, career services and more.
With cutting-edge facilities – from the Bombardier Centre for aerospace and aviation at the Downsview Campus, a state-of-the-art newsroom with live broadcast capabilities at the Story Arts Centre, to commercial baking and pastry labs for culinary students, to name a few – you can get the hands-on experience required for your field of choice.
And, with 1500 industry-leading partners who help shape the curriculum, you’ll be able to get in front of professionals to develop leadership skills and put your knowledge to the test. Centennial’s goal is to develop you into a leader capable of making your own personal breakthroughs within your career, and the more than 200,000 proud alumni around the world and the fact that Centennial is #1 in the GTA for graduate satisfaction, is a testament to this.
3. Find a program or course that piques your interest and get involved in a variety of extracurricular activities.
With seven academic schools, more than 250 full-time programs, and more than 1,000 part-time programs and courses, there is sure to be a course or program for anyone.
Centennial develops leaders across seven different schools of study, including:
- Advancement – Designed with small classes and one-on-one learning in mind, this school was made for those looking to explore. If you’re unsure of what career path or program to take, the school of advancement could be a foundational first step.
- Business – There are over 30 different programs to choose from as part of the business school. You can learn real workplace skills from professionals already in their fields, and develop your innovative thinking.
- Communications, Media, Arts and Design – This school was made for you if you’re bursting at the seams with creativity. Turn your creative thinking and imagination into a career like public relations, journalism, entertainment, performing arts and more.
- Community and Health Studies – Designed for you to learn how to deliver the best care within your desired career path; whether you’re looking to become a nurse, paramedic, or pharmacy technician for example, Centennial has extensive facilities to help students put their leanings to practice.
- Engineering Technology and Applied Science – Get hands-on experience with leading-edge technologies, and a global perspective on the effect of that technology.
- Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts – Through state-of-the-art culinary labs (like the striking new 350,000 square foot facility at the Progress Campus), a full service restaurant, event centre, and more, you will be well-equipped to succeed within the school of hospitality, tourism and culinary arts.
- Transportation – You’ll be sure to gain experience from Centennial’s faculty who are among the most highly skilled in the industry. Depending on your career path within the school of transportation, you’ll gain access to automotive labs that host the latest in technology for cars, trucks, and heavy duty vehicles.
To view a full list of programs and courses available at Centennial College, visit their 2023 guidebook here.
On the flip side, getting involved in extracurricular activities and taking advantage of Centennial’s array of facilities is just as important as choosing your perfect program or course. For example, you can stay active with access to facilities such as aerobic studios, free weights and weight machines, free locker services, and large gymnasiums for a variety of sports.
You can discover co-curriculars in leadership programs, peer mentoring, or through a global experience (learning abroad). You can also get involved in extracurriculars with the athletics department, and have fun in sports with Centennial’s extramurals or compete in sports as part of their varsity teams.
At Centennial, you don’t just get an education, you get a well-rounded skill set to get you ready for a career and for life. You can feel confident in knowing that you’ll develop the right technical skills to break into your field, and the life skills you need to stand out.
Book a virtual tour today and see first-hand how a Centennial education is an education without borders.
For future students interested in submitting an application to study at Centennial College for full-time, part-time, online learning, and micro-credentials, you can apply here. Or if you would like to register by phone, please call an Enrolment Services Representative at 416-289-5300.
For more information about Centennial College and its five campuses across the GTA, please visit the website here. To stay in the loop about what’s happening at Centennial, give the college a follow on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies