27 Hacks to Make Your Life Easier in Mississauga
by Khaled Iwamura on November 4, 2017
- When visiting Square One, avoid all the construction by parking in the empty Target parking lot. You're a little further from the mall, but you'll be at the new main entrance in two or three minutes, max.
- With a Mississauga library card, you can rent a DVD just like you did when Blockbuster was around (so vintage!). They even have Lego!
- During rush hour in City Centre, take Confederation to go north/south and Central Parkway to go east/west
- The biggest washrooms at Square One are by the food court. You will never have to wait.
- If you want to avoid Toronto to bar hop, just go to Port Credit. You'll find more than a dozen bars within walking distance from one another.
- When visiting Port Credit, park at the library. It's totally free.
- On weekends, they don't ticket cars parked in the Failte parking lot. But if your car is still there Monday, you will be paying a fee to get out if it's before 4:30pm
- If you park in a Square One parking lot but head to a different building, you'll get a ticket if security catches you. This tip is especially important for Sheridan students and visitors!
- Underground parking is free at City Hall, Livng Art Centre and the Central Library after 6 pm on weekdays and all day on weekends.
- Malton is part of Mississauga, so try the food there. You won't be disappointed.
- 5/10 has some of the best ethnic food in the GTA. Not just Mississauga, the entire Greater Toronto Area.
- Clarkson is stepping up their food game and has some great restaurants within walking distance from one another.
- Mississauga has an art gallery in City Hall and it not only boasts a fine permanent collection, it hosts stunning events and exhibits throughout the year.
- City Centre has one of the nicest parks in Ontario -- Kariya Park. During the summer, it's a cos-play haven!
- If the street parking is full in Streetsville, park in the sub-division just past the Credit River on Bristol. It's a nice walk to Streetsville.
- One of the best views of Mississauga's skyline can be taken in from the Etobicoke part of the westbound QEW, just before you hit Mississauga.
- In the summer, one of the nicest places to hang out is just outside of Murphy's in Streetsville.
- There is a Port Credit east village that is booming.
- Take a hike by the Credit River. It's one of the most beautiful hikes you will take.
- At the Central Library, there are many hidden washrooms (so you don't have to go that main one).
- When exiting by car at the Cooksville GO station during rush hour, exit at the west part of the parking lot.
- During major events at Celebration Square, avoid home-time gridlock by parking outside of the mall. You might have to walk a little further, but you'll save time exiting the jam-packed area.
- Listen to Mississauga artists and support them, as we have some good ones. John River, PartyNextDoor and Billy Talent come to mind.
- McLaughlin Road (later Confederation Pkwy) is a great alternative to Mavis and the westbound 403 during rush hour.
- Have trouble working from home? We have a ton of cool coffee shops and restos that offer complimentary Wi-Fi. Some good places include The Cold Pressery, Whole Foods, Archtop Cafe, and Port 1 Gelateria.
- Hit up Streetsville for breakfast. It's got iconic greasy spoons like Bobby's Hideaway and Skyway Jacks and they're sure to cure any hangover.
- Mississauga has a fantastic selection of grocers. Asides from the big brands, we boast a substantial ethnic scene (T&T, Oceans, Mr. India, Adonis), organic stores (Whole Foods, Goodness Me, Planet Organic) and family-owned joints (Cousins, The Apple Market).
- New Lotto Winner Celebrating Big Win in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Some Residents Advised to Evacuate Their Homes Due to Flooding in Mississauga
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters
- One-Of-A-Kind Mississauga Restaurant Launching a Food Truck
- SIU Investigating After Woman Fell From Roof and Died in Mississauga