266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,455 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 266 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,500 residents have died of the virus, with 1,610 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 13, Ontario is reporting 31,992 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,507 people have died of the disease, while 26,538 cases have been resolved.
The province says 489 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 110 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 68 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 980,471 tests for the virus have been completed and 26,158 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 27,456 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 13), 5,441 people have been diagnosed in the region and 302 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 215 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-five have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 326 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,502 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 637 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 189 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 37 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 620 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,836 cases in Brampton, 147 in Caledon and 2,455 in Mississauga.
Three cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- UPDATE: The child hit by a vehicle in Mississauga has succumbed to her injuries
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Mississauga