258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,723 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 258 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 1,700 residents have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on May 14, Ontario is reporting 21,494 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 1,798 people have died of the disease, while another 16,204 cases have resolved.
The province says 1,026 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 184 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 141 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 492,487 tests for the virus have been completed and 17,578 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,429 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on May 14), 3,325 people have been diagnosed in the region and 220 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 162 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Fifty-seven deaths have been reported in Brampton and one death has been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 185 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 2,386 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 719 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 134 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 26 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 553 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 1,511 cases in Brampton, 85 in Caledon and 1,723 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and stay home unless it is not possible to do so.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,864 total cases found in Mississauga
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,637 total cases found in Mississauga
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,757 total cases found in Mississauga
- 329 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,694 total cases found in Mississauga
- 361 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,669 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- Brampton councillor ordered to pay court costs after losing case against city