257 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario following farm outbreak, 18 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 257 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario, with 177 cases found in Windsor following an outbreak amongst migrant farmworkers.
As of 10:30 am on June 29, Ontario is reporting 34,911 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,665 people have died of the disease, with 1,706 long-term care residents succumbing to the virus.
According to the province, 30,196 cases have resolved.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
The province says 232 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 46 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 35 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,383,566 tests for the virus have been completed and 16,701 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 27,127 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 11:48 pm on June 29), 6,201 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 308 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 219 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 590 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,372 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 521 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,321 cases in Brampton, 171 in Caledon and 2,700 in Mississauga.
Nine cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 160 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 33 new cases found in Mississauga
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 178 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Here's what's open in Mississauga under first phase of reopening