251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 251 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,591 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 10, Ontario is reporting 31,341 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,475 people have died of the disease, while another 25,380 cases have resolved.
The province says 580 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 118 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 86 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 900,339 tests for the virus have been completed and 13,897 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 19,941 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 10), 5,319 people have been diagnosed in the region and 297 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 212 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-three have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 281 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,222 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 800 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 186 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 36 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 614 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,767 cases in Brampton, 144 in Caledon and 2,406 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,455 total cases found in Mississauga
- One of Mississauga’s best-known bars will not be reopening
- UPDATE: The child hit by a vehicle in Mississauga has succumbed to her injuries
- Mississauga students cannot switch from distance to in-person learning at random during the school year: PDSB
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga retirement home after employee tests positive for the virus
- Mosquitos carrying West Nile discovered in Mississauga