243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 243 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,575 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 8, Ontario is reporting 30,860 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,450 people have died of the disease, while another 24,492 cases have resolved.
The province says 603 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 118 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 81 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 866,889 tests for the virus have been completed and 4,811 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 15,537 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 11:38 am on June 8), 5,253 people have been diagnosed in the region and 292 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 210 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 264 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,084 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 877 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 183 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 36 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 614 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,724 cases in Brampton, 143 in Caledon and 2,384 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,455 total cases found in Mississauga
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three hot spot areas in Mississauga have the highest COVID-19 positivity
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- By far the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario is in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now