216 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 30 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 216 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,664 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 23, Ontario is reporting 33,853 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,619 people have died of the disease, while another 29,107 cases have resolved.
The province says 288 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 75 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 54 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,212,816 tests for the virus have been completed and 16,418 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 16,189 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:02 pm on June 23), 5,903 people have been diagnosed in the region and 305 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 216 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 524 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,129 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 469 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 190 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 43 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,145 cases in Brampton, 160 in Caledon and 2,594 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to reports of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Residential driveways being targeted for vehicle thefts in Mississauga: Police
- COVID-19 vaccines will bring life ‘back to normal,’ Ontario premier says