200 Moderna doses available at Brampton pharmacy
There are 200 doses of the Moderna vaccine available in Brampton on Wednesday (June 23).
Vaccine Hunters Canada tweeted that there are open slots at a clinic being held at a Shoppers Drug Mart location at 3938 Cottrelle Blvd. They are open to first-dose seekers who are at least 18 years old, or people seeking a second dose who are at least 70 years oldand/or received an mRNA first dose vaccine before May 30. (Moderna and Pfizer are both mRNA vaccines and doctors have stressed that they are the same vaccine.)
The discovery came just hours after confirmation that Mississauga and Brampton adults cannot receive a Pfizer dose at this time. Due to a production slowdown, Peel Region is reserving Pfizer doses for youths aged 12 to 17.
That age group has only been approved to receive Pfizer.
[ON] BRAMPTON— Vaccine Hunters Canada (@VaxHuntersCan) June 23, 2021
1st DOSE: 18+
2nd DOSE (UPDATED!): 70+ OR mRNA 1st dose on/before MAY 30
Shoppers Drug Mart 1326: 3938 Cottrelle Blvd., L6P 2R1
200 MODERNA DOSES AVAILABLE
BOOK NOW: https://t.co/3PuiVNnBKj #VHCDose2 #COVID19ON #vhcON
- All residents of Mississauga, Brampton 18+ who received an mRNA vaccine will soon be able to book their second
- All Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario adults eligible for faster second dose of COVID-19 vaccine today
- Canada to receive record 640K vaccine doses this week with Pfizer, Moderna deliveries
- Pfizer, Moderna vaccines now preferred second dose for AZ recipients
- AZ recipients can book Pfizer/Moderna 2nd shots starting today in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Male pronounced dead at scene after drowning in Brampton
- PICK A SIDE: When should masks no longer be mandatory in Ontario?
- Popular breakfast and lunch restaurant opening new location in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 16 flights landing with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga most since February