2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
Drugs and guns have been seized during a Mississauga traffic stop by Peel police and two men are facing charges.
The stop took place on March 4 at 12 a.m. near Airport Rd. and Hwy. 409.
Police allegedly found a black 9mm pistol in the front compartment of the vehicle.
Musaf Yusuf, 23, of Brampton, and Ahmed Abukar, 21, of Toronto, were arrested and charged with several drug-related offences.
In addition, they’re facing these counts: unauthorized possession of a firearm; careless storage of firearm; weapon; prohibited device or ammunition; possession of weapon for a dangerous purpose; carrying concealed weapon; unauthorized possession of prohibited or restricted weapon; occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was firearm; possession of a prohibited device or ammunition knowing its possession is unauthorized; possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact the 21 Division criminal investigation bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 2133. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga Fifth Most Expensive City for Rentals in Canada
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- Man Arrested After Firearm Related Incident in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Charged After Police Seize Loaded Handguns
- Mississauga Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Toronto Shooting
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession
- Mississauga Man Facing Numerous Charges After Police Seize Loaded Firearm