190 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 16 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 190 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,500 residents have died of the virus, with 1,636 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 17, Ontario is reporting 32,744 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,550 people have died of the disease, while another 27,784 cases have resolved.
The province says 383 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 92 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 65 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,071,429 tests for the virus have been completed and 21,635 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 24,205 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:04 pm on June 17), 5,589 people have been diagnosed in the region and 307 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 218 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 402 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,740 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 542 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 190 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 39 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 620 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,942 cases in Brampton, 151 in Caledon and 2,494 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store
- Toy store with locations in Mississauga files for bankruptcy
- Trendy new ice cream hotspot now open in Streetsville in Mississauga
- Mississauga passes mandatory mask bylaw
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good