19 Mississauga-Based Companies Make the Best Employers List in Canada
If you work for a company with headquarters in Mississauga, you might be happy to learn that there's a chance your place of employment has been recognized by prestigious business publication Forbes as one of the best employers in the country.
The list is actually enormous and features 300 companies from across Canada, including Queen's University, Toronto Hydro, Google, Ubisoft, Costo, Environment Canada and more.
In terms of businesses with headquarters in Mississauga, the 19 lucky companies who made the list include:
- Kruger Products
- The Rosedale Group
- Marriott Hotels
- Schneider Electric
- Brewers Retail
- Samsung Electronics
- Bayshore HealthCare
- General Electric
- Canada Cartage
As far as the country's top five companies go, Queen's University scored the top spot and was followed by private non-profit company Nav Canada. The third spot on the list went to Toronto Hydro and the fourth and fifth place rankings went to Google and Sask Power respectively.
As for how the ranking system works, Forbes collaborated with online statistics provider Statista to ask 8,000 Canadian employees working for large organizations to rate their willingness to recommend their company to others on a scale of 1 - 10. The employees surveyed were not contacted through their employers, but anonymously through "several online access panels."
Forbes also added that respondents were asked to name good or bad employers in sectors and industries that were not their own.
The top 300 employers, which represent 25 different industries, were highlighted based on those results.
Was your company on the list? Are you happy with the rankings?
- Huge Number of Mississauga-Based Companies Make Prestigious Best Employers List in Canada
- Multiple Mississauga-based companies make prestigious best employers list
- These Are the Best Employers in Mississauga
- Did Your Company Make the List of Canada's Top 100 Employers?
- Mississauga Company Makes Important List of Canada's Best Employers
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Mississauga in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Mayor says “no evidence” to suggest Mississauga needs to be rolled back to Stage 2
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17