182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 182 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,400 residents have died of the virus, with 1,606 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 12, Ontario is reporting 31,726 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,498 people have died of the disease, while another 26,187 cases have resolved.
The province says 527 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 114 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 84 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 953,015 tests for the virus have been completed and 18,512 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 28,335 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 12), 5,389 people have been diagnosed in the region and 299 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 214 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-three have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 310 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,374 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 778 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 188 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 37 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 618 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 2,811 cases in Brampton, 145 in Caledon and 2,431 in Mississauga.
Two cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 266 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,455 total cases found in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- Biggest party bust Mississauga has seen during quarantine results in heavy fines
- 27 people from Peel Region linked to COVID-19 outbreak at Vaughan window factory
- Tighter COVID-19 restrictions start Monday in 5 Ontario regions
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh