178 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 178 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,700 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 28, Ontario is reporting 34,654 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,658 people have died of the disease, while another 30,107 cases have resolved.
The province says 214 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 51 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 36 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,356,439 tests for the virus have been completed and 29,592 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 28,633 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 28), 6,149 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 306 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 217 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 583 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,337 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 506 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,292 cases in Brampton, 169 in Caledon and 2,682 in Mississauga.
Six cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 160 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 33 new cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling amid COVID-19 pandemic in Mississauga
- 153 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 20 new cases reported over two-day period in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga residents facing gun and drug-related charges
- Ongoing power outage still affecting about 800 homes and businesses in Mississauga
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault