175 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, 14 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 175 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,657 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 21, Ontario is reporting 33,476 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,606 people have died of the disease, while 28,719 cases have been resolved.
The province says 286 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 86 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 59 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,174,727 tests for the virus have been completed and 15,424 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 23,408 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 21), 5,767 people have been diagnosed in the region and 305 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 216 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 482 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 4,981 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 481 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 190 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 43 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 621 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,061 cases in Brampton, 153 in Caledon and 2,550 in Mississauga.
Three cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Ontario sees signficiant drop in new COVID-19 cases today, Peel Region numbers remain steady
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Police arrest man for making threats against Pearson Airport in Mississauga