17-year-old from Mississauga arrested in connection to distributing illicit content
A 17-year-old boy has been arrested in connection to child pornography.
During this past May, the accused allegedly hacked into a private, online chat through a popular group meeting application and proceeded to stream offensive material including child pornography.
Shortly thereafter, the FBI launched an investigation in the U.S., which determined the alleged suspect lived in Mississauga.
Upon learning this, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's National Child Exploitation Crime Centre in Ottawa and the Peel Regional Police Internet Child Exploitation Unit (I.C.E.) were brought in on the investigation.
On October 29, the boy was arrested and charged with Making Available Child Pornography, Possession of Child Pornography, and Accessing Child Pornography.
He was held for a bail hearing and appeared before the Ontario Court of Justice on October 30, 2020, in Brampton.
The investigation is still on-going and anyone with relevant information is urged to contact investigators with the I.C.E at 905-453-2121 extension 3490.
- Police Looking for Information About Child Pornography Suspect
- Mississauga Man Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
- Daycare Worker from Mississauga Charged with Possession of Child Pornography
- Peel Police Arrest And Charge Man In Connection To Child Luring Investigation
- Mississauga man facing child pornography charges
- Two Mississauga residents enjoying lotto wins
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – November 24
- Police looking for missing 22 year old Mississauga man