165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 165 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on July 3, Ontario is reporting 35,535 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,682 people have died of the disease, with 1,712 long-term care residents succumbing to the virus.
According to the province, 30,909 cases have resolved.
Seven staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
The province says 155 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized. The province says 40 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 25 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,481,897 tests for the virus have been completed and 15,911 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 24,194 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:02 pm on July 3), 6,294 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 308 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 219 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 603 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,554 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 432 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 623 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,374 cases in Brampton, 170 in Caledon and 2,740 in Mississauga.
Ten cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 121 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, eight new cases found in Mississauga
- 138 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 257 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario following farm outbreak, 18 new cases found in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win