163 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 24 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 163 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,664 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 24, Ontario is reporting 34,016 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,631 people have died of the disease, while another 29,336 cases have resolved.
The province says 278 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 73 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 48 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,236,023 tests for the virus have been completed and 21,398 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 23,207 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 24), 5,965 people have been diagnosed in the region and 305 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 216 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 543 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,186 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 474 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 190 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,181 cases in Brampton, 162 in Caledon and 2,618 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard