161 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 14 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 161 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,654 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Six staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 22, Ontario is reporting 33,637 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,609 people have died of the disease, while another 28,933 cases have resolved.
The province says 265 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 76 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 58 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,196,627 tests for the virus have been completed and 10,027 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 21,900 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 11), 5,828 people have been diagnosed in the region and 305 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 216 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 505 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,047 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 476 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 190 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 43 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,103 cases in Brampton, 157 in Caledon and 2,564 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26