160 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 33 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 160 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,698 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 27, Ontario is reporting 34,476 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,652 people have died of the disease, while another 29,932 cases have resolved.
The province says 252 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 54 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 35 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,327,806 tests for the virus have been completed and 33,759 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 33,492 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 27), 6,095 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 306 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 217 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 582 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,307 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 482 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,256 cases in Brampton, 167 in Caledon and 2,667 in Mississauga.
Five cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 178 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- Mississauga man wins the jackpot lottery thought it was a hoax
- Paid sick leave coming for Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario workers, says Premier Ford
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel Police chase a suspect in Brampton
- Flights from India and Pakistan suspended for 30 days to Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection