16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
Police have charged a 16-year-old for possessing a loaded handgun, ammunition and a laser sight.
Peel police say that around 9:00 pm on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020, officers arrested a teen during a traffic stop in the Airport Road and Highway 409 area in Mississauga.
Police allege the accused was found in possession of a loaded 9mm handgun and a quantity of ammunition. Police say that at approximately 10:00 p.m., a search warrant was executed at a residence in Bolton and additional rounds of ammunition and a laser sight were seized.
The accused was charged with five firearm-related offences and one count of failing to comply with recognizance.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 2133.
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Man charged with firearm-related offences following traffic stop in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police allegedly seize drugs and loaded gun during traffic stop in Mississauga
- Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel in Mississauga
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs