16-year-old found with loaded gun in Mississauga, police say
Police have charged a 16-year-old for possessing a loaded handgun, ammunition and a laser sight.
Peel police say that around 9:00 pm on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020, officers arrested a teen during a traffic stop in the Airport Road and Highway 409 area in Mississauga.
Police allege the accused was found in possession of a loaded 9mm handgun and a quantity of ammunition. Police say that at approximately 10:00 p.m., a search warrant was executed at a residence in Bolton and additional rounds of ammunition and a laser sight were seized.
The accused was charged with five firearm-related offences and one count of failing to comply with recognizance.
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the 21 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905)453-2121 ext. 2133.
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- These stores are still open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Police Allegedly Find Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Loaded Handgun Allegedly Seized After Man Passes Out Behind the Wheel in Mississauga
- Peel Police Seize Loaded Gun and Large Quantity of Drugs
- Guns and Ammunition Seized From Mississauga Home