157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 157 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on June 30, Ontario is reporting 35,068 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,672 people have died of the disease, with 1,710 long-term care residents succumbing to the virus.
According to the province, 30,344 cases have resolved.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
The province says 213 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 42 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 34 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,407,325 tests for the virus have been completed and 19,318 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 23,759 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 30), 6,236 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 308 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 219 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 592 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,426 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 502 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 624 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,343 cases in Brampton, 171 in Caledon and 2,711 in Mississauga.
Eleven cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 257 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario following farm outbreak, 18 new cases found in Mississauga
- 160 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 33 new cases found in Mississauga
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- 178 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- Biggest party bust Mississauga has seen during quarantine results in heavy fines
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash between motorcycle and MiWay bus in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: Anti-mask protest at City Hall in Mississauga