154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 154 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on July 6, Ontario is reporting 35,948 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,689 people have died of the disease, with 1,718 long-term care residents succumbing to the virus.
According to the province, 31,426 cases have resolved.
Seven staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
The province says 118 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized. The province says 36 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 21 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,544,417 tests for the virus have been completed and 8,931 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 17,303 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on July 6), 6,404 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 308 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 219 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 604 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,671 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 425 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 623 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,443 cases in Brampton, 175 in Caledon and 2,774 in Mississauga.
Twelve cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- 121 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, eight new cases found in Mississauga
- 138 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 257 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario following farm outbreak, 18 new cases found in Mississauga
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- UPDATED: Man brought back to life after major crash in Mississauga
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- System outage affecting online learning for Mississauga public school students
- Cities with highest car insurance premiums all in GTA