150 New Jobs Coming to Mississauga
Editor’s Note: A previous link did not include positions in Mississauga. inSauga.com contacted Radial and they updated the website to include Mississauga positions. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
Even though it's still summer, back-to-school-time is drawing near and you know what that means—Christmas is basically here.
Well, not really.
But still, when September hits, the holidays aren't far behind.
Fortunately for jobseekers, the busy holiday season almost always creates some extra positions and this year will be no different. The Radial Fulfillment Centre in Mississauga recently announced that it plans to bring on an additional 150 workers in the city to better handle the holidays—the busiest season in retail.
"As more people shop online, job opportunities in the fulfillment and transportation sectors have expanded dramatically to ensure consumers’ holiday packages arrive at their doors on time," Radial said in a news release.
Although seasonal work is temporary, Radial says it'll offer positions with a few choice perks.
The company says seasonal workers will have access to "competitive hourly wages," overtime and holiday pay, flexible work schedules, employee discounts and a referral bonus program. It also said the fulfillment center in Mississauga will provide holiday meals and events.
Radial also said that there are some long-term work possibilities, as the company reportedly converted over a thousand seasonal employees last year into full-time roles after the holidays.
At the fulfillment center in Mississauga, seasonal hires will have the chance to work with some of the world’s favorite brands and retailers. Workers will source orders and send them to their final destinations faster using Radial’s technology, fulfillment and transportation solutions.
“We’re thrilled to be creating so many additional jobs in Mississauga, many of which may lead to full-time opportunities," said Kelly Scally, Director, Strategic Staffing, at Radial. “Whether you’re looking to earn extra cash for the holidays or wanting to get your foot in the door at Radial, seasonal work is a great place to start.”
To learn more, click here or here.
- Major Company Bringing Over 300 Jobs to Mississauga
- Well-known company bringing over 200 new jobs to Mississauga very soon
- Company set to create 400 new jobs in Mississauga
- Amazon bringing 6,200 jobs to Ontario this holiday season
- Maybe it's time to close down fulfillment centres to stop the spread of the virus, Brampton mayor says
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules