15 Year Old Mother Arrested for Baby's Death in Peel
Police have made an arrest following an investigation into a baby's death.
At 1:20 p.m. on Friday (May 25), police learned that a 15 year old female had given birth to a baby on Tuesday, May 22, which was not disclosed to anyone at that time.
Subsequent investigation led police to locate the body of a newborn baby in the area of the girl's Brampton residence.
Police arrested the 15 year old girl. She has been charged with Indignity to Dead Body and Concealing Body of Child.
She was held for a bail hearing on Saturday, May 26.
Due to the Youth Criminal Justice Act, police say the girl's identity will be protected.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
- CLOSURE: Well Known Mississauga Buffet Restaurant Closed for Health Violations
- Police Seeking Second Suspect in Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga
- 5 Worst Parking Lots in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Body of Murdered 14-Year-Old Boy Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Mississauga Company Facing Huge Fine After Worker Dies on Site
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- Police Arrest Second Suspect After 14-Year-Old Boy Murdered in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Missing Woman Case Now a Homicide Investigation in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Man Arrested in Connection with Murder of 14 Year Old Boy in Mississauga