15 Year Old Mother Arrested for Baby's Death in Peel
Police have made an arrest following an investigation into a baby's death.
At 1:20 p.m. on Friday (May 25), police learned that a 15 year old female had given birth to a baby on Tuesday, May 22, which was not disclosed to anyone at that time.
Subsequent investigation led police to locate the body of a newborn baby in the area of the girl's Brampton residence.
Police arrested the 15 year old girl. She has been charged with Indignity to Dead Body and Concealing Body of Child.
She was held for a bail hearing on Saturday, May 26.
Due to the Youth Criminal Justice Act, police say the girl's identity will be protected.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the Homicide and Missing Persons Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3205.
- Hamilton Police forensic team continues investigation into alleged buried baby
- Youth charged in Mississauga homicide investigation
- Peel Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Police Investigating After Dead Body Found in Mississauga
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU