15-year-old faces charges in double stabbing at high school in Mississauga
Published May 3, 2022 at 12:32 pm
A 15-year-old boy is facing assault charges after two students were stabbed last week outside St. Marcellinus Secondary School in Mississauga.
Peel Regional Police told insauga.com today (May 3) that the youth, who was taken into police custody several hours after the April 26 incidents, is charged with three counts of assault with a weapon and a single count of possession of a weapon.
Police wouldn’t say if he’s a student at the Mavis Rd./Courtneypark Dr. area high school, only that he is a Mississauga resident.
The youth, who under the Youth Criminal Justice Act cannot be identified, is scheduled to appear in Brampton court in July.
The two St. Marcellinus students who were stabbed in the noon-hour attacks were taken to hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening, police said earlier.
The stabbings took place on a soccer field at the school.
Police say a “disturbance” earlier the same day at the school led to the confrontation on the field a short time later.
After the two victims were stabbed around lunchtime, a suspect quickly fled the area as St. Marcellinus went into “lockdown.”
“Lockdown” means the school doors are locked and teachers and students are told to remain in their classrooms.
The investigation is ongoing and there is no word yet from police on a specific motive for the stabbings.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising