135 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, seven new cases found in Mississauga
Ontario is reporting 135 new cases of COVID-19 and one new death from the virus today.
The total number of cases now stands at 37,739, which includes a death toll of 2,752.
There are 33,513 cases marked as resolved, with 106 such cases reported today.
There have now been multiple days in a row where new cases have outpaced newly resolved cases.
According to the province, 115 COVID patients are hospitalized and 37 are being treated in ICUs. The website says 24 patients are using ventilators.
The Ministry of Health says it was able to complete more than 20,000 tests for COVID-19 in the previous day.
According to Peel Public Health, seven new cases of COVID-19 have been found in Mississauga as of July 19, 2020. The website says 224 residents have died of the virus.
A total of 2,842 confirmed and probable cases of the novel coronavirus have been found in the city so far. The website says 2,524 recoveries have been recorded.
With files from The Canadian Press
- 427 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,864 total cases found in Mississauga
- 258 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,723 total cases found in Mississauga
- 308 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,637 total cases found in Mississauga
- 428 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,757 total cases found in Mississauga
- 329 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 1,694 total cases found in Mississauga
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Police stop truck going over double the speed limit in Mississauga
- Two COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga grocery stores