130 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 16 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 130 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on July 11, Ontario is reporting 36,594 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,716 people have died of the disease.
According to the province, 32,422 cases have resolved.
The province says 128 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 31 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 18 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,665,693 tests for the virus have been completed. The website says 29,522 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on July 11), 6,564 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 310 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 221 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 613 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,890 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 310 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 46 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 623 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,546 cases in Brampton, 179 in Caledon and 2,828 in Mississauga.
Eleven cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 112 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 10 new cases found in Mississauga
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- 138 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row