13-year-old Mississauga boy charged following violent bank robbery
Three youths—including a 13-year-old Mississauga boy—are facing charges following a violent bank robbery in the City of Markham.
York Regional Police say that on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020, officers responded to a robbery in progress at a bank on Markham Road, north of 16th Avenue.
Police allege that three suspects, armed with knives and firearms, arrived at the bank around 8:00 pm.
Police allege the suspects ordered everyone onto the ground and demanded cash from the safe. Two employees of the bank were stabbed and two people were kicked in the face, police say.
All four victims were transported to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police say that when the first officer arrived at the scene, the suspects attempted to flee on foot. Members of the canine unit tracked the suspects, who police say were hiding in a house under construction.
Police say that officers arrested the suspects and allegedly recovered two firearms.
Police also allege that the vehicle used by the suspects had been stolen on Feb. 10 during a violent carjacking in Toronto.
Police have charged the Mississauga youth, a 15-year-old youth and a 16-year-old youth in connection with the incident. The accused are facing a number of charges, including robbery with a firearm, aggravated assault, unauthorized possession of a firearm and more.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the York Regional Police Hold-Up Unit at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 6630.
- Brampton man and 14-year-old face charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Three Mississauga residents, including two teens, facing charges in connection with violent bank robbery
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Four Males for Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Armed suspects flee attempted bank robbery in Mississauga
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- Mississauga, Brampton vaccine clinics taking place this weekend
- Mississauga enters first stage of reopening as COVID-19 restrictions loosen across Ontario
- What's open at Square One mall in Mississauga