121 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, eight new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 121 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on July 4, Ontario is reporting 35,656 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,687 people have died of the disease, with 1,717 long-term care residents succumbing to the virus.
According to the province, 31,083 cases have resolved.
Seven staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
The province says 150 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized. The province says 39 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 26 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,503,322 tests for the virus have been completed and 14,594 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 21,425 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:01 pm on July 4), 6,319 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 308 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 219 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 604 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,587 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 424 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 623 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,390 cases in Brampton, 172 in Caledon and 2,7480 in Mississauga.
Nine cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- 138 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 157 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- 257 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario following farm outbreak, 18 new cases found in Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Paramedics responding after vehicle crashes into Mississauga residence
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- New Jollibee restaurant opens at Square One in Mississauga
- New COVID-19 case reported at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga