116 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 9 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 130 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of July 13 at 10:30 am, Ontario is reporting 36,839 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,722 people have died of the disease.
According to the province, 32,663 cases have resolved.
The province says 104 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 28 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 20 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,712,315 tests for the virus have been completed. The website says 20,896 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 10:30 am on July 13), 6,650 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 310 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 221 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 620 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,962 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 378 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 46 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 623 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,575 cases in Brampton, 179 in Caledon and 2,837 in Mississauga.
Between July 11 and July 13, nine new cases have been reported in Mississauga.
Twelve cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 112 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 10 new cases found in Mississauga
- 102 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, no new cases found in Mississauga
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- 130 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 16 new cases found in Mississauga
- Ontario announces blitz of big-box stores in Mississauga following declaration of stay at home order
- A new bakery is now open at Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga long-term care home included in province-wide class action
- Peel Police say Mississauga residents are calling 911 to find out if it is okay to go out
- 5 Strange Names Once Proposed for Mississauga