112 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 10 new cases found in Mississauga
The province says that 112 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario.
As of 10:30 am on July 7, Ontario is reporting 36,060 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,691 people have died of the disease.
According to the province, 31,603 cases have resolved.
The province says 131 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 34 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 24 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,559,529 tests for the virus have been completed. The website says 15,112 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health's COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on July 7), 6,440 confirmed and probable cases have been reported in the region and 309 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 220 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel's website, 604 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,725 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 406 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 623 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,468 cases in Brampton, 175 in Caledon and 2,784 in Mississauga.
Thirteen cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 154 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 15 new cases found in Mississauga
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- 130 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Ontario, 16 new cases found in Mississauga
- 121 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, eight new cases found in Mississauga
- 138 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 11 new cases found in Mississauga
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas