111 new COVID-19 cases found in Ontario, 5 new cases in Mississauga
The province says that 111 new COVID-19 cases have been confirmed in Ontario and that over 2,600 residents have died of the virus, with 1,692 deaths occurring in long-term care homes.
Five staff members in long-term care homes have died of the virus.
As of 10:30 am on June 26, Ontario is reporting 34,316 cases of the novel coronavirus in the province. The province says 2,644 people have died of the disease, while another 29,754 cases have resolved.
The province says 256 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, with 61 being treated in intensive care units. The website says 41 patients are currently using ventilators.
According to the website, 1,294,314 tests for the virus have been completed and 27,344 possible cases are under investigation. The website says 30,780 tests have been completed in the last day.
According to Peel Public Health’s COVID-19 website (which was updated at 12:00 pm on June 26), 6,036 people have been diagnosed in the region and 306 people have died of the virus. Peel Public Health says 217 deaths have occurred in Mississauga. Eighty-seven have been reported in Brampton and two deaths have been reported in Caledon.
According to Peel’s website, 579 COVID-19 patients have had to be hospitalized. The site says 5,262 patients have recovered. The recoveries of 468 patients are pending.
Peel Public Health says 191 residents have died in long-term care homes. There are currently outbreaks in 45 long-term care homes, retirement residences, and hospitals, and 622 residents in these facilities have tested positive for the virus.
There are currently 3,233 cases in Brampton, 165 in Caledon and 2,634 in Mississauga.
Four cases are pending more information.
Residents are reminded to wash their hands frequently and wear a non-medical mask if social distancing is not possible.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- 230 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,397 total cases found in Mississauga
- 251 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,406 total cases found in Mississauga
- 203 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,417 total cases found in Mississauga
- 243 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,384 total cases found in Mississauga
- 182 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, 2,431 total cases found in Mississauga
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Drugs found at kids playland as 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga