10 Things To Do With Your Significant Other This Summer in Mississauga
Summer in Sauga calls for romance! Whether you're in a blossoming new partnership or a serious relationship, or looking for an alternative to a Netflix night, we've got you covered:
1. Take a trip to AGM
The Art Gallery of Mississauga (AGM) is a perfect convo starter and a way to see an amazing selection of talent during a day-date. Check out the exhibitions and special events and impress your partner with the beauty of visuals.
2. Check out Mississauga Ribfest
We're counting down the days until Mississauga Ribfest! The event, which takes place July 14 to 17, is the perfect place for bonding and an overall good time with your significant other! What's better than an afternoon (or full day) of eating, drinking and enjoying the live entertainment.
3. Date Night at Dairy Cream
* Nostalgia moment * If you lived in Sauga since you were a kid, you probably have fond memories of a massive soft serve sundae or banana split from this Port Credit gem. Whether your partner is from Sauga, or brand new to the city, a trip to Dairy Cream for a date of ice-cream romance is a must! Check out their website for mouth-watering visuals.
4. Axe Throwing
Do something completely out of the box and go axe throwing! Bad Axe Throwing Mississauga is right in the heart of the city and is a cool way to bond with your S/O. If one of you is a summer baby, you can book to celebrate your birthday party throwing axes! There are even league options where you can both sign up and make friends throwing axes onto a bullseye, pretty cool!
5. A Stroll Along Port Credit Pier
Anything more romantic than a day/night walk on the pier while holding hands and looking onto the endless waves of blue water? Port Credit is known for being the perfect place to be in the summertime. Take a nice stroll post-dinner after a night dining on the Snug Harbour patio and sit together along the edge overlooking Lake Ontario. Sounds cheesy, but it's memorable.
6. Share a Feast at Colossus
Another date night revolving around food, however, this place is a must! Large portions of various kinds of Greek food for you both to consume together, best date ever? Check out their website!
7. Plan a Staycation
Have you dreamed about living in the Marilyn Monroe buildings? Thanks to Airbnb, you can! Listings such as THIS allow you to book a staycation with your love and experience all that central Sauga has to offer in the summer time.
8. Go on a Pub or Patio Crawl
Streetsville and Port Credit are definitely the places to be if you're looking for great pubs and fun patios. If you both are into the pub scene, start at The Franklin House and end the night at The Cock and Pheasant or Cuchulainn’s. If you like, you can order a different drink or app as you go along. Same rule applies to the patios. You have a variety of selection to choose from in PC, from the new and popular El Jefe, to the slick Door Fifty Five. It's a fun way to strengthen your bond and potentially try a drink or dish you never have before.
9. Take Cooking Classes Together
This is a great way to hone your cooking skills (or show them off). Culinaria offers couples cooking in the fall, but until then, check out all that the President's Choice cooking school has to offer. Maybe you will both find a dish you've never had and now can make together.
10. Paint and Drink Together (yes at the same time)
A fun concept, Paint Nite shows you each and every event happening at bars across the city. At these events you drink, paint, connect and socialize. It's a cool idea in a creative setting that also spices up the usual bar night! Check HERE for ones happening in Sauga. Maybe afterwards you will become skilled enough to do portraits of each other.
- Man Tears up Quran at Recent School Board Meeting in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Woman Carjacked at Gunpoint and Suspect on the Loose in Mississauga
- Will the Peel District School Board Cancel Trips to U.S. in Wake of Trump’s Travel Ban?
- New Townhomes Coming to Clarkson Concern Mississauga Residents
- Police Searching for Suspect Following Attempted Break and Enter in Mississauga