10 Quirky Facts About Square One in Mississauga
Whether you consider it a good thing or not, Mississauga is a city that—for now, at least—is best known for a mall.
Well, that and a legendary former mayor who remained undefeated for over three decades until her retirement in her 90s.
Regardless of whether or not it's hip to be associated with a sprawling shopping centre, there's no denying that Square One is an iconic hotspot that has more than stood the test of time. it's embraced multiple expansions, welcomed chic and on-trend stores and restos and has become a social, commercial and transportation hub.
Since it's such a huge part of Mississauga's history and identity, it's fun to learn more about it.
Without further ado, here are 10 fun and quirky facts that you might not have known about Square One.
1) Square One is the largest shopping centre in Ontario
2) For the second anniversary of #Centralicious, Square One collaborated with fashion and food illustrator Gretchen Roehrs, who created drawings based on Food Central food vendors. The San Francisco based illustrator has graced the pages of Harper’s Bazaar, Vogue and Seventeen.
3) Total parking spots (without ongoing construction): 7,198
4) During the holiday season, Square One boasts an additional 64 extra hours of shopping time
5) Total number of access points to parking: 10
6) Square One has collaborated with many global fashion "influencers" (social media gurus of sorts) for Instagram takeovers during New York, Toronto, London and Paris Fashion Weeks as well as the Cannes Film Festival and the Met Ball. #SQ1Takeover influencers include celebrity photographer George Pimentel, co-founder of the Coveteur, Jake Rosenberg, fashion photographer, Sophie Elgort, Vogue contributor, Hanneli Mustaparta, Harper’s Bazaar digital director, Kerry Pieri.
7) The mall boasts four valet entrances
8) The mall boasts 784 climate controlled parking spots.
9) Square One’s advertising campaigns have featured fashion icons Julia Restoin Roitfeld, model and actress Drena de Niro and ex-Hockey player and newly-wed couple, Sean Avery and Hilary Rhoda.
10) Square One opened Ontario’s first standalone Urban Decay store in the luxury wing. Urban Decay is a high-performance beauty brand with edge, created by makeup junkies for makeup junkies.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing nine-year-old boy from Mississauga
- Square One Launches Real-Time Parking Map in Mississauga
- Your Holiday Shopping Guide to Square One in Mississauga
- Interesting Recently Released Facts About Square One
- An Event Celebrating Film, Food and Fashion is Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Brand New Store Officially Open in Square One in Mississauga