$1 million lotto win for group from Hamilton, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton
Published December 2, 2022 at 12:47 pm
A group of 26 people cashed in with a winning Lotto Max ticket that was purchased in Hamilton.
The coworkers, who will split $1 million, play the lottery together often.
“I checked our ticket using the OLG App, and I didn’t believe all the zeroes,” shared Ernesto Diaz from Hamilton from the OLG Prize Centre in Toronto. “I called a meeting at work, and everyone was scared. They were wondering why I called them. When I shared the big news, they were so excited and told their families right away!”
The group plans to celebrate their win together.
“This is so unusual and so rare. I am so excited we beat the odds of winning!” added Hiran Patel of Brampton.
The group members are:
- Ernesto Diaz Herryman of Hamilton
- Christopher Cote of Mississauga
- David Fox of Ancaster
- Deepakkumar Prajapati of Mississauga
- Fitzwilliam Ramsook of Milton
- Gary Randall of Oakville
- Gary St. Onge of Oakville
- Gregory Hunter of Mississauga
- Gregory May of Hamilton
- Hanif Remani of Hamilton
- Hiran Patel of Brampton
- Jacob Sherritt of Brantford
- James Madley of Ancaster
- John Happy of Oakville
- John Taylor of Coldwater
- John-Paul McGrath of Hamilton
- Kevin Soy of North York
- Matthew Konstantinou of Mount Hope
- Nikeshkumar Babaria of Mississauga
- Richard Groulx of Burlington
- Sana Rouhani of Brechin
- Selwyn Ramjohn of Mississauga
- Shayne Coutto of Hamilton
- Stephen Yonev of Stoney Creek
- Svyatoslav Shchupak of Binbrook
- Timothy Taylor of Hamilton
The winning ticket was purchased at the Husky gas station at King St. and Centennial Pkwy. in Stoney Creek.
Lotto Max is $5 per play and draws take place Tuesdays and Fridays.insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies advertising