1 Inmate Dead and 5 in Hospital at Maplehurst Correctional Facility
Today, May 7, at approximately 5:50 pm the Halton Police and Halton EMS responded to the Maplehurst Correctional Facility in Milton for multiple inmates requiring medical attention for suspected drug overdoses.
Six male inmates have been transferred to the hospital for assessment. One inmate has been confirmed dead.
None of the 5 surviving inmates are currently in life-threatening condition. All inmates were located within the same cell block.
Detectives with the 1 District Criminal Investigation Bureau are continuing to investigate in along with the Coroner and Maplehurst staff.
Police cannot comment on what drugs were used or how they were acquired.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to contact Det. Sgt. Ellie Bale at 905-825-4747 ext. 2415 or the on-duty Staff Sergeant at 905-825-4747 ext. 2410.
Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online at: https://www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca/
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- Seven-year-old child shot in Hamilton
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend