1 Inmate Dead and 5 in Hospital at Maplehurst Correctional Facility
Today, May 7, at approximately 5:50 pm the Halton Police and Halton EMS responded to the Maplehurst Correctional Facility in Milton for multiple inmates requiring medical attention for suspected drug overdoses.
Six male inmates have been transferred to the hospital for assessment. One inmate has been confirmed dead.
None of the 5 surviving inmates are currently in life-threatening condition. All inmates were located within the same cell block.
Detectives with the 1 District Criminal Investigation Bureau are continuing to investigate in along with the Coroner and Maplehurst staff.
Police cannot comment on what drugs were used or how they were acquired.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to contact Det. Sgt. Ellie Bale at 905-825-4747 ext. 2415 or the on-duty Staff Sergeant at 905-825-4747 ext. 2410.
Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or online at: https://www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca/
- Grand Valley inmates in lockdown over COVID infections, guards union says
- Police launch campaign seeking tips targeting drug traffickers in Oakville, Burlington and Milton
- Unsafe work orders issued at Milton prison following COVID-19 outbreak
- Mississauga Man Charged Following Alleged Drug Trafficking
- Intermittent inmates in Ontario to return home in response to COVID-19 pandemic
- Masks mandatory in Mississauga until end of September, some face coverings no longer permitted
- Get second dose as soon as you can Brampton, Mississauga residents urged
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Breaking out in a mysterious rash? Mississauga's gypsy moth may be the problem