What's open and closed Monday August 6, 2012 - August Civic Holiday
Most stores and services that would normally be open on the weekend will operate on Monday August 6 Civic Holiday with possible reduced hours.
- Mississsauga’s Square One Shopping Centre is open 10am to 6pm
- Erin Mills Town Centre is open 10am to 6pm
- All malls and stores
- All grocery stores
- Some Beer Store will be open. Check the store locator for a full list. (select Mississauga locations 11am to 5pm)
- 350 LCBO stores will be open across the province. Check the store locator to see if one will be open near you. (select Mississauga locations 12pm to 5pm)
- Most Wine Racks
- Mississauga Chinese Centre
- Movie theatres
- Government offices
- Community Centres
- Sheridan College
- City hall
- No mail delivery
- Garbage and recycling (blue box, green bin and yard waste) will be collected one day later
- Mississauga Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
Ah… “Summertime and the Grillin’ is Easy” – that’s my motto for some delicious alfresco cooking and it all starts with a trip to one of my Top 5 Butcher Shops in Mississauga. When it comes to shopping for items to toss on the BBQ, I prefer to skip the larger grocery store’s pre-packaged meat aisle and head to a local butcher whose knowledge I can count on. Read more
When it comes to food, Mississauga boasts fairly exceptional variety. In a city rich in ethnic diversity, unique restos are bound to pop up — and pop up they do. It’s impossible to walk down Hurontario and not notice dozens of Japanese, Chinese and Indian restaurants.
Mississauga’s Top 5 Japanese Restaurants
I’m in love with Japanese Cuisine which ranks in my top five list of favorite cuisines. Japanese cuisine is simple, elegant, tasty and healthy for you which is why scientists believe that Japanese people are among the most healthiest people in the world.
Mississauga’s Top 5 Patios for the Summer
It appears to be that time of year again. The streets become just a little bit smaller, as restaurant and pubs open up their patios, and the herds of roaming people make the crucial decision of where to enjoy their refreshing beverages. No easy task, to say the least. With so many factors coming into play, it’s hard to pick the perfect patio.