Mississauga's Top 5 Chicken Wing Spots
I’m not a big foodie but I know what good chicken wings are. I have searched high and low and have been to dozens upon dozens of bars and restaurants to give you the top 5 chicken wings spots in Mississauga.
1. Coopers - Coopers serves one of the best wings in Mississauga offering a selection of great sauces. Coopers wings are lightly flour dusted and tossed in your choice of wing sauce. House sauces like plain, medium, hot and suicide are available and they also have premium sauces like Hot Ranch, Hot Red Thai and Creamy Garlic & Parmesan. The wings are average size which is fine by me; there’s just something wrong with wings that are the size of drumsticks. Hold the steroids please.
Price for 1lb - $9.99
2. The Clarkson Pump - “World Famous Wings and Things” is The Clarkson Pump’s motto. World famous is a bold statement which I can’t vouch for, but I will say that they are definitely Mississauga famous. The wings itself are a little bit on the small side but super tasty and cooked perfectly. Here’s the kicker, you can get them grilled too. My suggestion - wait the extra few minutes for your wings to be grilled, you won’t be disappointed.
Price for 1lb - $11.99
3. Boston Pizza - I know what you are thinking - Boston Pizza? Try it and you will understand why. I tried three out of their four options: fried, breaded and oven roasted chicken wings. They were all succulent and good sized wings and hit the spot for a late night craving especially since they deliver.
Price for 1lb - $10.49
4. Failte Irish Pub - These wings are huge hence their name: Jumbo Wings. The meat to bone ratio is 6:1 so if you’re hungry these are the wings for you. Despite the enormity of these wings, they are delicious, the chicken is juicy and has super crunch on the skin without being burnt. Failte Irish Pub has a great atmosphere with great music, a wide selection of beer and big ass chicken wings. And you can’t go wrong with that!
Price for 1lb - $12.00
5. Fred’s Bar & Grill - This is one of the best kept secrets in Mississauga. You can find it hidden in a small plaza in Central Mississauga. It serves up great food and has great service. Add some great wings to this mix and you’ve got one of Mississauga’s best kept secret - Fred’s Bar & Grill. The wings are big, and they are extremely generous on portions. To top it all off, nothing beats their fourty wings and pitcher deal for just $48! This is the best deal in the city, period.
Price for 1lb - $10
(updated Oct 7/13)
After we put up this article we put up a poll asking:
Who has the best chicken wings in Mississauga?
Here are the results so far:
Failte Irish Pub - 18%
Wacky Wings - 14%
Coopers - 12%
Turtle Jacks - 6%
Wild Wings - 5%
The Clarkson Pump - 4%
Fred’s Bar & Grill - 3%
Boston Pizza - 3%
Buffalo Wild Wings - 2%
Wings Up - 2%
Mississauga’s Top 5 Pizza Places
All my friends know that I love to eat! One of my favorite things to eat is pizza and a great pizza is hard to find in Mississauga. There are the Pizza Pizza’s and Pizza Hut’s of the world and they have their place as the production line of pizza’s - not much love there. I have searched high and low in Mississauga to quench my pizza craving and here is my list of the top 5 Pizza places based on taste, service and price.